Numbering and Numbering Styles
You can apply numbering to a paragraph manually or with a paragraph style.
To Apply Numbering Manually
To apply numbering manually, click in the paragraph, and then click the Numbering On/Off icon on the Formatting Bar.
|You cannot apply manual numbering to paragraphs that are listed under "Special Styles" in the Styles and Formatting window.|
- When you press Enter in a numbered or bulleted list, LibreOffice automatically numbers the next paragraph. To remove the numbering or bullet from the new paragraph, press Enter again.
- To change the hierarchical level of a bullet in a list, click in front of the paragraph, then press the Tab key.
- To change the bullets or numbering format for the current paragraph only, select a character or word in the paragraph, choose Format - Bullets and Numbering, and then click a new format.
- To change the bullet or numbering format for all paragraphs in the list, ensure that the cursor is in the list, choose Format - Bullets and Numbering, and then click a new format.
- To apply the same bullet or numbering format to all paragraphs in the list, select all paragraphs, choose Format - Bullets and Numbering, and then click a format.
You can also use the commands on the Bullets and Numbering toolbar to edit a numbered or bulleted list. To change the numbering or bullet format, click the Bullets and Numbering icon.
To Apply Numbering With a Paragraph Style
Paragraph Styles give you greater control over numbering that you apply in a document. When you change the numbering format of the style, all paragraphs using the style are automatically updated.
- Choose View - Styles and Formatting, and then click the Paragraph Styles icon.
- Right-click the paragraph style that you want to apply numbering to, and then choose Modify.
- Click the Outline & Numbering tab.
- In the Numbering Style box, select the type of numbering that you want to use.
- Click OK.
- Apply the style to the paragraphs that you want to add numbering to.