Modifying Numbering in a Numbered List
From LibreOffice Help
You can remove the numbering from a paragraph in a numbered list or change the number that a numbered list starts with.
|If you want numbered headings, use the Tools - Outline Numbering menu command to assign a numbering to a paragraph style. Do not use the Numbering icon on the Formatting toolbar.|
To Remove the Number From a Paragraph in a Numbered List
- Click in front of the first character of the paragraph that you want to remove the numbering from.
- Do one of the following:
- To remove the number while preserving the indent of the paragraph, press the Backspace key.
- To remove the number and the indent of the paragraph, click the Numbering on/off icon on the Formatting Bar. If you save the document in HTML format, a separate numbered list is created for the numbered paragraphs that follow the current paragraph.
To Change the Number That a Numbered List Starts With
- Click anywhere in the numbered list.
- Choose Format - Bullets and Numbering, and then click the Options tab.
- Enter the number you want the list to start with in the Start at box.
- Click OK.