Defining Number Ranges
From LibreOffice Help
You can automatically number similar items, such as quotations, in your document.
- Type the text that you want to assign numbering to, for example, "Quotation Number ".
- Choose Insert - Field - More Fields, and then click the Variables tab.
- Click "Number range" in the Type list.
- Type "Quotation" in the Name box.
- Do one of the following:
- Type a number in the Value box, or leave the box empty to use automatic numbering.
- Select the outline level where you want the numbering to restart in the Level box.
- Click Insert, and then click Close.