Creating Numbered or Bulleted Lists as You Type
From LibreOffice Help
LibreOffice can automatically apply numbering or bullets as you type.
To Enable Automatic Numbering and Bulleting
- Choose Tools - AutoCorrect - AutoCorrect Options, click the Options tab, and then select “Bulleted and numbered lists”.
- Choose Format - AutoCorrect, and ensure that While Typing is selected.
|The automatic numbering option is only applied to paragraphs that are formatted with the "Default", "Text body", or "Text body indent" paragraph style.|
To Create a Numbered or Bulleted List While You Type
- Type 1., i., or I. to start a numbered list. Type * or - to start a bulleted list. You can also type a right parenthesis after the number instead of a period , for example, 1) or i).
- Enter a space, type your text, and then press Enter. The new paragraph automatically receives the next number or bullet.
- Press Enter again to finish the list.
|You can start a numbered list with any number.|