Calculating Cell Totals in Tables
From LibreOffice Help
- Choose Insert - Table, and insert a table with one column and more than one row into a text document.
- Type a number in each cell of the column, but leave the last cell in the column empty.
- Place the cursor in the last cell of the column, and then click the Sum icon on the Table Bar.
The Formula Bar appears with the entry "=sum".
- Click in the first cell of the series you want to sum up, drag to the final cell, and then release.
LibreOffice inserts a formula for calculating the sum of the values in the current column.
- Press Enter, or click Apply in the Formula bar.
The sum of the values in the current column is entered in the cell.
If you enter a different number anywhere in the column, the sum is updated as soon as you click in the last column cell.
Similarly, you can also quickly calculate the sum of a row of numbers.