Automatically Check Spelling
You can have LibreOffice automatically check spelling while you type and underline possible misspelt words with a red wavy line.
To Check Spelling Automatically While You Type
- Choose Tools - Automatic Spell Checking.
- Right-click a word with a red wavy underline, and then choose a suggested replacement word from the list, or from the AutoCorrect submenu.
If you choose a word from the AutoCorrect submenu, the underlined word and the replacement word are automatically added to the AutoCorrect list for the current language. To view the AutoCorrect list, choose Tools – AutoCorrect Options, and then click the Replace tab.
You can also add the underlined word to your custom dictionary by choosing Add.
To Exclude Words From the Spellcheck
- Select the words that you want to exclude.
- Click the Language control on the Status bar to open a menu.
- Choose “None (Do not check spelling)”.