Shortcuts (LibreOffice Math Accessibility)
You can control LibreOffice Math without a mouse.
Inserting a Formula Directly
If you want to insert a formula into a text document, and you already know the correct writing, you can proceed as follows:
- Write the formula into your text
- Select the formula
- Choose the command Insert - Object - Formula.
Inserting a Formula using a Window
- If you want to use the LibreOffice Math interface to edit a formula, choose the command Insert - Object - Formula without any text selected.
- The cursor waits in the Commands window and you can type the formula.
- You can compose formulas using the Elements window. Open it with the menu View - Elements if it is not already open.
- If the Elements window is open, use F6 to switch from the Commands window to the Elements window and back.
Left or right arrow
Move left or right to the next category or function.
Selects a category (within the category section) or inserts a function in the Commands window (within the function section).
Jump from the first category item to the first function of the category.
Jump from the last category item to the last function of the category.