Using Shortcut Keys in LibreOffice Impress
You can use the keyboard to access LibreOffice Impress commands as well as to navigate through the workspace. LibreOffice Impress uses the same shortcut keys as LibreOffice Draw to create drawing objects.
- 1 Selecting placeholders
- 2 To Create and Edit a Drawing Object
- 3 To Select an Object
- 4 During a Slide Show
- 5 Slide Sorter
- 6 Related Topics
LibreOffice Impress AutoLayouts use placeholders for slide titles, text, and objects. To select a placeholder, press
Ctrl+Enter. To move to the next placeholder, press
|If you press
To Create and Edit a Drawing Object
F6to navigate to the Drawing bar.
- Press the
Rightarrow key until you reach the toolbar icon of a drawing tool.
- If there is an arrow next to the icon, the drawing tool opens a sub toolbar. Press the
Downarrow key to open the sub toolbar, then press the
Leftkey to select an icon.
The object is created at the center of the current document.
- To return to the document, press
You can use the arrow keys to position the object where you want. To choose a command from the context menu for the object, press
To Select an Object
+F6to enter the document.
Tabuntil you reach the object you want to select.
During a Slide Show
To start a slide show, press
Advance to the next slide or to the next animation effect
Advance to the next slide without playing object animation effects
Return to previous slide
Go to a specific slide
Type the page number of the slide, and then press
Stop slide show
When you first switch to Slide Sorter, press
Enter to change the keyboard focus to the workspace. Otherwise, press
F6 to navigate to the workspace, and then press
Selecting and deselecting slides
Use the arrow keys to navigate to the slide that you want to select, and then press the
Spacebar. To add to the selection, use the arrow keys to navigate to the slide(s) that you want to add, and press
Spacebar again. To deselect a slide, navigate to the slide, and then press
Copying a slide:
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the slide that you want to copy, and then press
- Move to the slide where you want to paste the copied slide, and then press
Moving a slide:
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the slide that you want to move, and then press
- Navigate to the slide where you want to move the slide, and then press
- Select Before or After the current slide, and then click OK.