Creating Animated GIF Images
You can animate drawing objects, text objects, and graphic objects (images) on your slides to make your presentation more interesting. LibreOffice Impress provides you with a simple animation editor where you can create animation images (frames) by assembling objects from your slide. The animation effect is achieved by rotating through the static frames that you create.
|If you create a bitmap animation (animated GIF), you can assign a delay time to each frame, and specify the number of times the animation is played.|
To create an animated GIF:
- Select an object or group of objects that you want to include in your animation and choose Insert - Animated Image.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Apply Object button
- Click the Apply Objects Individually button
- In the Animation Group area, select Bitmap object.
Use the animation timeline to specify the duration for displaying a frame and the number of times an animation sequence is presented (looping).
- Enter a frame number in the Image Number box (left box).
- Enter the number of seconds you want the frame to display in the Duration box (middle box).
- Repeat the last two steps for each frame in your animation.
You can preview your animation by using the controls to the left of the Image Number box.
- Select the number of times you want the animation sequence to repeat in the Loop count box (right box).
- Select an alignment option for the objects in the Alignment box.
- Click Create.