Animating Objects in Presentation Slides
You can apply preset animation effects to objects on your slide.
To apply an animation effect to an object:
- On a slide in Normal view, select the object you want to animate.
- Choose Slide Show - Custom Animation, click Add, and then select an animation effect.
- In the Custom Animation dialog, click a tab page to choose from a category of effects. Click an effect, then click OK.
To preview the animation, click the Play button.
|On Slide Pane an|
To apply and edit a motion path effect:
An object can be animated to move along a motion path. You can use predefined or your own motion paths.
If you select "Curve", "Polygon", or "Freeform Line", the dialog closes and you can draw your own path. If the drawing is finished and not canceled, the created path is removed from the document and inserted as a motion path effect.
Editing motion paths
If the Custom Animation Panel is visible, the motion paths of all effects of the current slide are drawn as a transparent overlay on the slide. All paths are visible all the time, therefore animations with consecutive paths can be created easily.
A motion path can be selected by clicking on the path. A selected path will support handles, it can be moved and resized like a shape. A double click on a path starts the point edit mode. The point edit mode can also be started by Edit - Points or by pressing
To remove an animation effect from an object:
- On a slide in Normal view, select the object from which to remove the effect.
- Choose Slide Show - Custom Animation.
- Click Remove.