XML Form Documents (XForms)
XForms are a new type of web form that was developed by the World Wide Web Consortium. The XForm model is defined in Extensible Markup Language (XML). The model uses separate sections to describe what a form does and what a form looks like. You can view the specification for XForms at: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/.
Working with XForms
In LibreOffice, an XForms document is a special type of Writer document. The Design Mode for an XForm document has additional toolbars and panes.
After you create and save an XForms document, you can open the document, fill out the form, and submit the changes to a server.
To Create a New XForms Document
- Choose File - New - XML Form Document.
The XForms design window opens in an empty Writer document.
- Design your form.
- Insert a control, select the default model in the property browser, and enter a binding statement.
- In the data navigator, add an element to the instance.
- Load a new instance from an XML file and add controls to the relevant XML elements or attributes.
To Open an XForms Document
- Choose File - Open and select the XForms document. An XForm document has the same extension as a Writer text document (*.odt).
To Edit an XForms Document
Open the XForms document and use the following toolbars and windows: