Sending Faxes and Configuring LibreOffice for Faxing
To send a fax directly from LibreOffice, you need a fax modem and a fax driver that allows applications to communicate with the fax modem.
Sending a Fax Through the Print Dialog
- Open the Print dialog by choosing File - Print and select the fax driver in the Name list box.
- Clicking OK opens the dialog for your fax driver, where you can select the fax recipient.
Configuring LibreOffice a Fax Icon
You can configure LibreOffice so that a single click on an icon automatically sends the current document as a fax:
- Choose 'Tools - Options' - LibreOffice Writer - Print.
- Select the fax driver from the Fax list box and click OK.
- Click the arrow icon at the end of the Standard bar. In the drop-down menu, choose Customize.
The Toolbars tab page of the Customize dialog appears.
- Click Add Commands.
- Select the "Documents" category, then select the "Send Default Fax" command.
- Click Add and then Close.
- On the Toolbars tab page, click the down arrow button to position the new icon where you want it. Click OK.
Your Standard bar now has a new icon to send the current document as a fax.