Pasting Contents in Special Formats
Contents that are stored on the clipboard can be pasted into your document using different formats. In LibreOffice you can choose how to paste the contents using a dialog or a drop-down icon.
The available options depend on the contents of the clipboard.
In Writer text documents, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V to paste the contents of the clipboard as unformatted text.
- Click the arrow next to the Paste icon on the Standard Bar to open the menu.
- Select one of the options.
If you do not like the result, click the Undo icon and then paste again with another option.
Pasting clipboard contents using a dialog
- Choose Edit - Paste special.
- Select one of the options and click OK.
If you are in a spreadsheet and the contents of the clipboard are spreadsheet cells, then a different Paste Special dialog appears. Use the Paste Special dialog to copy cells using basic or advanced options.
- Transpose: swaps the rows and the columns of the cell range to be pasted.
- Link: pastes the cell range as a link. If the source file changes, the pasted cells change also.
- The other options are explained in the help, when you call the Paste Special dialog from within LibreOffice Calc.