Importing and Exporting Data in Text Format
If you want to exchange data with a database that does not have an ODBC link and does not allow dBASE import and export, you can use a common text format.
Importing Data into LibreOffice
To exchange data in a text format use the LibreOffice Calc import/export filter.
- Export the desired data from the source database in a text format. The CSV text format is recommended. This format separates data fields by using delimiters such as commas or semi-colons, and separates records by inserting line breaks.
- Choose File - Open and click the file to import.
- Select "Text CSV" from the File type combo box. Click Open.
- The Text Import dialog appears. Decide which data to include from the text document.
Once the data is in a LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet, you can edit it as needed. Save the data as a LibreOffice data source:
- Save the current LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet in dBASE format in the folder of a dBASE database. To do this, choose File - Save As, then select the File type "dBASE" and the folder of the dBASE database.
Exporting in CSV Text Format
You can export the current LibreOffice spreadsheet in a text format which can be read by many other applications.
- Chọn Tập tin > Lưu dạng.
- In File type select the filter "Text CSV". Enter a file name and click Save.
- This opens the Export of text files dialog, in which you can select the character set, field delimiter and text delimiter. Click OK. A warning informs you that only the active sheet was saved.
Chủ đề Liên quan
When in Calc: Nhập và Xuất các tập tin dBASE