Importing and Exporting Data in Base
An easy method to import and export database tables uses Calc as a "helper application".
Exporting data from Base
You copy a table from Base to a new Calc sheet, then you can save or export the data to any file format that Calc supports.
- Open the database file that contains the database table to be exported. Click Tables to view the tables, or click Queries to view the queries.
- Choose File - New - Spreadsheet.
- In the Base window, right-click the name of the table to export. Choose Copy from the context menu.
- Click cell A1 in the new Calc window, then choose Edit - Paste.
Now you can save or export the data to many file types.
Importing data to Base
|You can import text files, spreadsheet files, and your system address book in read-only mode only.|
- Open a Base file of the database type that you want.
Either create a new Base file using the Database Wizard, or open any existing Base file that is not read-only.
- Open the Calc file that contains the data to be imported to Base. You can open a *.dbf dBASE file or many other file types.
- Select the data to be copied to Base.
You can enter a range reference like A1:X500 in the Name Box if you don't want to scroll.
If you copy a dBASE sheet, include the top row that contains the header data.
- Chọn lệnh Sửa > Cắt.
- In the Base window, click Tables to view the tables.
- In the Base window, choose Edit - Paste.
- You see the Copy Table dialog. Most databases need a primary key, so you may want to check the Create primary key box.
|On Windows systems, you can also use drag-and-drop instead of Copy and Paste. Also, for registered databases, you can open the datasource browser (press F4) instead of opening the Base window.|