When you Ctrl-click a hyperlink in a Writer document, your web browser opens with the requested web address. If you don't use a mouse, position the cursor inside the hyperlink and open the context menu by Shift+F10, then choose Open Hyperlink.
- In Writer documents, you can click anywhere into a hyperlink and edit the visible text.
If you leave the hyperlink by positioning the cursor somewhere else, only the visible text will be changed.If you leave the hyperlink by entering a space character directly following the last character, the AutoCorrect - if enabled - will change the target URL to be the same as the visible text.*In all document types, you can open the Hyperlink dialog to edit a hyperlink. First set the cursor into the hyperlink or directly in front of the hyperlink, then click the Hyperlink icon on the Standard bar.
- As described above, open Hyperlink Dialog.
- Open the Styles and Formatting window.
- Click the Character Styles icon.
- Right-click the "Internet Link" or "Visited Internet Link" character style, and choose Modify.
- In the dialog, select the new attributes, and click OK.
If the hyperlink is a button, click on the border to select it, or press the Alt key while clicking. Open the Properties dialog through the context menu. You can edit the label text under "Caption," and modify the address in the "URL" field.