Chart Wizard - Data Series
On this page of the Chart Wizard you can change the source range of all data series separately, including their labels. You can also change the range of the categories. You can first select the data range on the Data Range page and then remove unnecessary data series or add data series from other cells here.
|If there seem to be too many options on this page, just define the data range on the Chart Wizard - Data Range page and skip this page.|
Choose Insert - Chart
Double-click a chart, then choose Format - Data Ranges
This dialog is only available for charts based on a Calc or Writer table.
Press Shift+F1 and point to a control to learn more about that control.
Organizing data series
In the Data Series list box you see a list of all data series in the current chart.
- To organize the data series, select an entry in the list.
- Click Add to add another data series below the selected entry. The new data series has the same type as the selected entry.
- Click Remove to remove the selected entry from the Data Series list.
- Use the Up and Down arrow buttons to move the selected entry in the list up or down. This does not change the order in the data source table, but changes only the arrangement in the chart.
Editing data series
- Click an entry in the list to view and edit the properties for that entry.
In the Data Ranges list box you see the role names and cell ranges of the data series components.
- Click an entry, then edit the contents in the text box below.
The label next to the text box states the currently selected role.
- Enter the range or click Select data range to minimize the dialog and select the range with the mouse.
If you want a data range of multiple cell areas that are not next to each other, enter the first range, then manually add a semicolon at the end of the text box, then enter the other ranges. Use a semicolon as delimiter between ranges.
The range for a data role, like Y-Values, must not include a label cell.
Editing categories or data labels
- Enter or select a cell range that will be used as text for categories or data labels.
Depending on the chart type, the texts are shown on the X axis or as data labels.