Styles and Formatting
Use the Styles and Formatting deck of the Sidebar to assign styles to cells and pages. You can apply, update, and modify existing styles or create new styles.
The Styles and Formatting dockable window can remain open while editing the document.
Choose View - Styles and Formatting
On Formatting Bar, click
|Styles and Formatting|
How to apply a cell style:
- Select the cell or cell range.
- Double-click the style in the Styles and Formatting window.
Displays the list of the available Cell Styles for indirect cell formatting.
Displays the Page Styles available for indirect page formatting.
Fill Format Mode
Turns the Fill Format mode on and off. Use the paint can to assign the Style selected in the Styles and Formatting window.
|Fill Format Mode|
How to apply a new style with the paint can:
- Select the desired style from the Styles and Formatting window.
- Click the Fill Format Mode icon.
- Click a cell to format it, or drag your mouse over a certain range to format the whole range. Repeat this action for other cells and ranges.
- Click the Fill Format Mode icon again to exit this mode.
New Style from Selection
Creates a new style based on the formatting of a selected object. Assign a name for the style in the Create Style dialog.
|New Style from Selection|
Updates the Style selected in the Styles and Formatting window with the current formatting of the selected object.
Displays the list of the styles from the selected style category.
In the context menu you can choose commands to create a new style, delete a user-defined style, or change the selected style.
Lists the available style groups.