Importing and Exporting dBASE Files
You can open and save data in the dBASE file format (*.dbf file extension) in LibreOffice Base or a spreadsheet. In LibreOffice Base, a dBASE database is a folder that contains files with the .dbf file extension. Each file corresponds to a table in the database. Formulas and formatting are lost when you open and save a dBASE file from LibreOffice.
To Import a dBASE File Into a Spreadsheet
- Choose File - Open.
- Locate the *.dbf file that you want to import.
- Click Open.
The Import dBASE files dialog opens.
- Click OK.
The dBASE file opens as a new Calc spreadsheet.
If you want to save the spreadsheet as a dBASE file, do not alter or delete the first row in the imported file. This row contains information that is required by a dBASE database.
To Import a dBASE File Into a Database Table
A LibreOffice Base database table is actually a link to an existing database.
- Choose File - New - Database.
- In the File name box of the Save As dialog, enter a name for the database.
- Click Save.
- In the Database type box of the Database Properties dialog, select "dBASE".
- Click Next.
- Click Browse.
- Locate the directory that contains the dBASE file, and click OK.
- Click Create.
To Save a Spreadsheet as a dBASE File
- Choose File - Save As.
- In the File format box, select "dBASE file".
- In the File name box, type a name for the dBASE file.
- Click Save.
|Only the data on the current sheet is exported.|