Filtering Cell Ranges
You can use several filters to filter cell ranges in spreadsheets. A standard filter uses the options that you specify to filter the data. An AutoFilter filters data according to a specific value or string. An advanced filter uses filter criteria from specified cells.
To Apply a Standard Filter to a Cell Range
- Click in a cell range.
- Choose Data - Filter - Standard Filter.
- In the Standard Filter dialog, specify the filter options that you want.
- Click OK.
The records that match the filter options that you specified are shown.
To Apply an AutoFilter to a Cell Range
- Click in a cell range or a database range.
If you want to apply multiple AutoFilters to the same sheet, you must first define database ranges, then apply the AutoFilters to the database ranges.
- Choose Data - Filter - AutoFilter.
An arrow button is added to the head of each column in the database range.
- Click the arrow button in the column that contains the value or string that you want to set as the filter criteria.
- Select the value or string that you want to use as the filter criteria.
The records that match the filter criteria that you selected are shown.
To Remove a Filter From a Cell Range
- Click in a filtered cell range.
- Choose Data - Filter - Reset Filter.