Automatically Calculating Series
From LibreOffice Help
You can automatically fill cells with data with the AutoFill command or the Series command.
AutoFill automatically generates a data series based on a defined pattern.
- On a sheet, click in a cell, and type a number.
- Click in another cell and then click back in the cell where you typed the number.
- Drag the fill handle in the bottom right corner of the cell across the cells that you want to fill, and release the mouse button.
The cells are filled with ascending numbers.
|To quickly create a list of consecutive days, enter
Hold down Ctrl if you do not want to fill the cells with different values.
Using a Defined Series
- Select the cell range in the sheet that you want to fill.
- Choose Sheet - Fill Cells - Series.
- Select the parameters for the series.
If you select a linear series, the increment that you enter is added to each consecutive number in the series to create the next value.
If you select a growth series, the increment that you enter is multiplied by each consecutive number to create the next value.
If you select a date series, the increment that you enter is added to the time unit that you specify.