Defining Borders for Objects
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In Writer, you can define borders around OLE objects, plug-ins, diagrams/charts, graphics and frames. The name of the menu to be used depends on the object selected.
To Set a Predefined Border Style
- Select the object for which you want to define a border.
- Click the Borders icon on the OLE-Object toolbar or Frame toolbar to open the Borders window.
- Click one of the predefined border styles. This replaces the current border style of the object with the selected style.
To Set a Customized Border Style
- Select the table cells that you want to modify.
- Choose Format - (object name) – Borders.
Replace (object name) with the actual name of the object type you selected.
- In the User-defined area select the edge(s) that you want to appear in a common layout. Click on an edge in the preview to toggle the selection of an edge.
- Select a line style and color for the selected border style in the Line area. These settings apply to all border lines that are included in the selected border style.
- Repeat the last two steps for every border edge.
- Select the distance between the border lines and the page contents in the Spacing to Contents area.
- Click OK to apply the changes.